Canon EOS 4000D T100 DSLR Wi-Fi Camera
EOS Rebel T100 (known as the EOS 4000D outside the US) is Canon’s latest stripped-back entry-level DSLR, and while the naming convention may suggest otherwise it sits below the also-new EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 2000D in Canon’s range.
- 18MP sensor can trace its roots back to 2010
- Small and low-resolution screen
- Wi-Fi only
The EOS Rebel T100 / EOS 4000D inherits an aging 18MP sensor that can trace its roots back to the EOS Rebel T2i / EOS 550D, which was released in 2010. The latest tech this is not.
It’s a similar story with the DIGIC 4+ image processor used in both the EOS Rebel T100 / EOS 4000D and EOS 2000D. To put it in perspective, we’re now onto the eighth iteration of Canon’s DIGIC processor, although the latest EOS DSLRs are using DIGIC 7 chips. Native sensitivity remains the same at ISO100-6,400, expandable up to 12,800.
The autofocus system is also pretty dated – it’s the modest 9-point system that has been in Canon’s arsenal since 2009. And while pretty much every DSLR in the last five years or so has featured a 3.0-inch rear display, Canon has actually shrunk the LCD on the EOS 4000D down to 2.7 inches, with the resolution also taking a tumble, down to 230k dots. And don’t even think about touchscreen control.
The optical viewfinder delivers 95% coverage, which is pretty typical on a entry-level DSLR – so, as we always warn, it’s worth paying particular attention to the edges of the frame when reviewing your images, as there’s a chance you’ll find unwanted elements creeping into you shots.
There’s Wi-Fi connectivity, but no NFC or Bluetooth Low Energy options, while video is capped at Full HD (1920 x 1080), with 30, 25 and 24fps frame rates available.
Compare Offers for Canon EOS 4000D
Canon EOS 4000D Full Specifications
- 18 megapixels.
- 2.7in screen with LCD technology and with Live View.
- Continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second (JPEG).
- Continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second (RAW).
- CMOS sensor, 22.3 x 14.9mm.
- Standard lens.
- Filter size 58mm.
- Aperture f/3.5-38.
- Viewfinder with optical adjustment.
- 9 focus points in the viewfinder.
- Focal length 18-55mm.
Lens accessories included:
- Lens cap.
Lens 2 information:
- Fixed focus lens.
- Aperture f/1.8-22.
- Image stabilisation system.
- Focal length 50mm.
- Lens cap.
- ISO range from 100 to 6400.
- Shutter speed 1/4000 to 30sec.
- Built-in flash.
- Hot shoe for additional flash.
- Video quality (HD): 1080p.
- Video capture with sound.
- PictBridge compatible.
Memory card compatibility:
SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Colour: black.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Accessories included: eyecup, shoulder strap, battery charger.
- Weight 796g.
- Size H12.9, W10.16, D7.71c